Q & A
With Violet Peters, President & CEO,
Jefferson Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc.
1. Family Gras is best known for its music lineup. Who will be performing this year?
We are excited to welcome our headliners John Oates on Friday, Michael McDonald on Saturday and Brett Eldredge on Sunday to Family Gras in Jefferson Parish.
2. You have a new location this year. Where will the event take place?
Family Gras will be held at our new location at Clearview Center. This new venue provides the opportunity to incorporate Mardi Gras parades into the festival!
3. What is the parade schedule?
Each day the parades will roll through the grounds allowing spectators to enjoy the music, food, art market and activities along with the pageantry of the parades!
Krewe of Excalibur begins at 7:00 p.m. on Friday Feb. 22nd and is expected to reach Family Gras at 9:15 p.m.
Krewe of Caesar begins at 6:00 p.m. at Family Gras on Saturday Feb. 23rd
Krewe of Kings begins at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday Feb. 24th and is expected to reach Family Gras at 7:15 p.m.
4. Food is always a big part of South Louisiana celebrations. What can event-goers expect on the menu?
Family Gras will showcase the well-known unique and flavorful flare of local Louisiana cuisine in a variety of dishes ranging from crawfish beignets, alligator sausage po’boys, crab cakes, seafood nachos, hot tamales and much more.
5. What types of activities will be available for the kids?
Our Kids Court is filled with a variety of activities for kids 12 and younger such as face painting, and interactive games.
6. Will Family Gras 2019 have an Art Market?
Event goers can shop the art market filled with a variety of items from Louisiana photography, framed artwork, regional décor, folk art, Mardi Gras accessories, hand crafted jewelry and more.
7. Is Family Gras a free event?
Family Gras is a free event where spectators can enjoy outdoor concerts by both national and local artists along with the spectacle of Mardi Gras parades. Those seeking an “up close and personal” experience will especially enjoy our VIP Royal Pass tickets where festival goers can experience backstage access, premium stage viewing and access to VIP food and beverage.
8. Will the Mardi Gras 5k take place at the event?
The Mardi Gras 5K will take place on Family Gras Saturday, February 23, 2019, beginning with the Kid’s Half Mile at 10:40 a.m., followed by the 5K at 11:00 a.m. The route will begin and end on the Family Gras Festival Grounds at Clearview Center. Awards will be presented on stage at 12:30 p.m.
9. Where can readers go for more information on Family Gras and the Mardi Gras Run?
Visit our website at familygras.com for more information on Family Gras and the 5K Mardi Gras Run.